Friday, April 11, 2014

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Genea-Selfie

Randy, at Genea-Musings, offers a weekly "Saturday Night Fun" challenge. This is my first challenge, but I thought I'd join in the fun! This week's challenge...take a selfie of yourself and some genealogical item.


My husband's grandfather, who passed away only 11 months ago, served in the Navy Seals as a Seabee. Their slogan: "We build, we fight." During WWII, the Seebees built roads, airstrips, hospitals, housing, bridges, and more. Grandpa built bridges.

About 10 years ago, my sister-in-law took Grandpa's navy photo, ring, Navy patch, and Seabee patch, and created this shadowbox. After his death, these were passed along to my husband. We also have his two Navy yearbooks and the flag that was presented to the family during his military funeral.

Do we share common ancestors? I'd love to talk! Please write me at drleeds@sbcglobal.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Color Clustering: Top 25 Fourth Cousins

For more on Color Clustering & DNA, please visit my new website at: www.danaleeds.com  For another look at how Color Clustering works...