|Circuit Court, May Term, Peter Coppenbarger, Illinois Weekly State Journal, Springfield, Illinoisi,11 Mar 1842,|
page 4, column 2, digital image newspapers.com, (http://www.genealogybank.com: accessed 20 Jan 2016
- John Copenbarger [spelling used in this newspaper clipping]
- Elias Copenbarger
- Jacob Copenbarger
- Joseph Copenbarger
- George Copenbarger
- Elisha Butler, and Mary Ann Butler his wife
- Wyatt Stricklin, and Elizabeth Stricklin his wife [other records show Strickland]
- Obediah Hooper, and Sarah Hooper his wife
- William Hooper, and Catharine Hooper his wife
- Emily Copenbarger
- William Copenbarger
- Catharine Copenbarger, widow of Jacob
Seeing the names listed this way made the two "Hooper" marriages stand out. My first thought was, were Obediah & William Hooper brothers?
Then, I came across another online tree showing one of their older brothers, Jacob, was also married to a Hooper! Jacob's wife is listed as Mary Elizabeth Hooper.
Though I have seen quite a few cases of two siblings of one family marrying two siblings of another family, I've never seen 3! Of course, I still have to "prove" that Obediah, William, and Mary Elizabeth Hooper were all siblings. Other trees show they are all children of Obediah Hooper, Sr and his wife, Downey (Downing) Hooper. So, my search continues!
Do we share common ancestors? I'd love to talk! Please leave a comment or email me at email@example.com.