Monday, March 5, 2018

My First Genealogy Presentation!!!

After many hours of preparation, I gave my first genealogy presentation on Friday! It was to my (wonderful) local genealogy group. We are usually in a bigger room and can hold more attendees, but we were in the computer lab since early voting was taking place. It was a GREAT first experience!


The presentation, titled "Tracing German Families Using Online Records," highlighted my search for my Peters family which I shared "live" on my blog. Besides this case study, I often shared tips for researching German families in Germany.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Dana! I'm sure the audience got lots of good ideas and information from your talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Dana. Hope this is the first of many opportunities for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I'm excited about this new "chapter" in my genealogy life!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I'm considering putting together a presentation on the how-tos and benefits of blogging for genealogists. If you have any advice for a novice speaker, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a great presentation topic, Elizabeth. I'll leave you a note! :)

      Delete
  4. Well done, Dana. Wishing you every success going forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dara. I have been a teacher all of my adult life and am excited to be able to teach on genealogy, a subject I am passionate about!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Debi. The following week, I got to do the presentation for the evening class. I improved my slide show and REALLY improved my handout. I'm so glad I did this! I learned a lot from the experience, and hope those in attendance did, too.

      Delete

Color Clustering: Top 25 Fourth Cousins

For more on Color Clustering & DNA, please visit my new website at: www.danaleeds.com  For another look at how Color Clustering works...